How and when do we collect your personnel information?
We collect your personal information to facilitate your participation in the Advanced PV 2030 Symposium. CSIRO may collect personal information from presenters, guest speakers, participants, CSIRO staff and other individuals.
The personal information collected may vary for different individuals, and may include:
- your full name
- contact details, such as your email address, mobile or phone number
- where you are located (e.g. what State in Australia you reside in, or what country)
- profile or biographical information which may include your LinkedIn URL (this is optional)
- video presentation (uploaded to a CSIRO platform)
- opinions and views shared via Webex, or question and answer forums
- any sessions recorded as part of the Advanced PV 2030 Symposium
- videos, photographs or images including screen shots and online polling taken during the Advanced PV 2030 Symposium
- information in an evaluation survey to be completed at the end of the Advanced PV 2030 Symposium
Information may be collected when you
- submit a registration form via online forms, including hosted by Microsoft Forms
- send us information by email or regular mail
- photo or video conference with us
- participate in live events
We may collect your sensitive information including:
- Your image which may provide information about your racial or ethnic origin
- Information about your health (for example, to enable the CSIRO to assist you in relation to impairment, illness or health condition).
Sensitive information will only be collected with your consent.
When we collect your personal information from others
We may collect personal information from third parties involved in the Advanced PV 2030 Symposium including from presenters, guest speakers and registered participants.
While you indicate consent, we will also collect your Linked In URL from you, and may then collect your Linked In profile.
We may also collect personal information when recording attendance of participants or taking still images or videos of live events utilising CSIRO WebEx platforms.
We will not use or disclose your personal information for marketing purposes, unless you opt-in to these communications.
Who do we disclose your personal information to?
We will disclose your personal information outside CSIRO for the purpose of facilitating and promoting the Advanced PV 2030 Symposium, including to limited persons or organisations via LinkedIn posts, Australian government departments including the Department of Industry, Science, Energy and Resources and the Department of Prime Minister and Cabinet, business or research institutions.
The CISCO WebEx platform will be used to facilitate live events. When CSIRO hosts WebEx sessions the data is hosted in Australia, unless participants are joining from overseas and then it may be transferred overseas. Recordings are stored in Australia, with back up data stored in Tokyo.
LinkedIn may be used to connect participants. CSIRO asks participants [in the registration process] if they wish to provide their LinkedIn profile link. The platform may collect information regarding your registration, profile information and interact data.
Microsoft Forms will be used to receive confirmation of your acceptance of this Privacy Notice as a participant in the Advanced PV 2030 Symposium as a delegate or presenter and for feedback on the Advanced PV 2030 Symposium, post event. The platform may collect information regarding how the participants interact with and use the service.
Including but not limited to, LinkedIn and Twitter (@CSIROevents).
Will we send your personal information overseas?
While we will seek to limit circumstances in which information is disclosed overseas, in order to facilitate the Advanced PV 2030 Symposium, we may send some personal information we collect overseas.
We may also disclose your information to third party entities (including those listed in this Notice) may use data centres located in the United States or other jurisdictions to store personal information.
This means that your personal information may be transferred outside Australia and stored on servers in the United States or in other jurisdictions.
For example, the collection of responses to this Privacy Notice is being conducted using Microsoft Forms uses data centres in the United States. This means the information collected in the application form may be transferred outside Australia and stored on Microsoft and Google servers in the United States.
Other entities referred to in this Privacy Notice may also use data centres in the United States or other countries.
Before we disclose your personal information to these entities, we will seek your consent. Please refer to the consent form sent to you following registration for Advanced PV 2030 Symposium.
How do you find out more about our privacy practices?
- How and why we may collect your personal information
- How it is used
- When and how we might share it with others
- How you can access and seek to correct your personal information
How to make a complaint about our privacy practices and how your complaint will be handled
To find out more about how we manage personal information please contact firstname.lastname@example.org