On behalf of the Organising Committee, we invite you to participate in the AI and Cyber for SME Growth Symposium 2021 delivered in hybrid mode (in-person and online) between Sydney, Melbourne and Adelaide (and other parts of Australia collaboratively connected via a remote link) from 22 to 24 June 2021.
The Symposium invites a variety of SMEs, R&D organisations and academic institutions to present, brainstorm, workshop and connect through various topics in the AI and Cyber domains. This will enable Australian SMEs to better understand how those technologies and digital innovations could be used and can equip them to grow within a digitally enabled environment. We are aiming to bring about greater awareness of SME engagement in the AI and cyber space to create a collaborative Australian network.
This three-day Symposium will bring together the most critical stakeholders in this space to help SMEs understand how to manage risks in leveraging opportunities presented in the AI and cyber (cyber security and cyber physical systems) digital technologies spaces. Discussions will include the complexity, criticality and capability requirements of AI and Cyber, as new models of engagement lower technology adoption barriers, and new business and partnership models emerge around R&D driven organisations and universities. The Symposium will facilitate communication and collaboration between research and the Australian SME ecosystem, and grow SMEs’ digital capabilities.
Participation in the Symposium is free of charge, but registration is required. Registered participants will have access to:
- Talks by AI and cyber experts
- Workshops on leveraging AI and cyber within the digital domain
- Social networking functions (limited to in-person participants)
- Location Sydney (virtual attendance) | 22 June 2021
- Location Melbourne (virtual attendance) | 23 June 2021
- Location Adelaide (in-person at the National Winecentre or virtual attendance) | 24 June 2021
For more information please contact the organising team via email@example.com.
- Tomasz Bednarz (CSIRO’s Data61, Simulation & Modelling CCC Leader) – Co-Chair Sydney
- Marthie Grobler (CSIRO’s Data61, Team Leader: Human Centric Security) – Co-Chair Melbourne
- Regine Richelle (CSIRO’s Data61) – Co-Chair Adelaide
- Roshan Dodanwela (CSIRO’s Engineering CCC Leader)
- Andreas Duenser (CSIRO’s Data61, User Experience & Social Science CCC Leader)
- Liming Zhu (CSIRO’s Data61, Research Director)
- Monika Szabo (CSIRO Services)
- Andy Wilkins (CSIRO’s Mineral Resources)
- Seyit Camtepe (CSIRO’s Data61)
- Wei Kang (CSIRO’s Data61)
- Mehwish Nasim (Flinders University)
- Nauman Khan (CSIRO’s Data61)
- Samudra Hearth (CSIRO’s Data61)
- Katie Ferrugia (CSIRO’s CorpAffairs)
- Luc Betbeder-Matibet (UNSW, CSIRO’s Data61)
The AI and Cyber for SME Growth Symposium is organised in collaboration with the SME Mission, CSIRO’s AI and Cyber Virtual Hub for SME Growth Project, CSIRO’s Simulation and Modelling Cross-Cutting Capability (CCC), Engineering CCC, Social Science and User Experience CCC, UNSW.