This privacy collection notice sets out how CSIRO collects and manages your personal information in accordance with the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) (the Privacy Act).
How and when do we collect your personal information
CSIRO collects your personal information over the course of the AI and Cyber for SME Growth Symposium 2021 (the Symposium). Third parties we engage for purposes relating to the Symposium may also collect your personal information on our behalf.
We will collect your personal information when you register for the Symposium, as well as in subsequent correspondence, during the event (in person or virtually) and possibly after the event.
The personal information (including sensitive information) that we collect may vary for different individuals, and may include:
- your full name
- contact details (such as your email address, mobile or phone number)
- where you are located
- your professional information (such as your organisation and job role)
- your opinions and views
- your health and medical information (such as mobility or dietary requirements)
- your appearance and participation in any Symposium sessions, whether in person or virtual, including audio-visual recordings of the session, videos, photographs, screen shots and ‘vox pops’ made or taken during the event by CSIRO staff or others engaged by CSIRO to perform these services
- information in an evaluation survey or follow-up correspondence after the event.
Why we collect your personal information
CSIRO collects your personal (and sensitive) information for reasons that include:
- facilitating your participation in the Symposium
- catering to your specific requirements
- facilitating your current and future engagement with participants, presenters, guest speakers, CSIRO staff, venue staff and third parties involved in or providing services related to the Symposium
- evaluating the Symposium events
- developing and improving future events
- inviting you to future Symposiums or similar events that we consider may be of interest to you
- advertising or marketing future Symposiums or similar events
- enabling participants who could not attend an event to access and view audio-visual recordings of the events.
Who do we disclose your personal information to?
CSIRO may disclose your personal information to third-parties for the purpose of facilitating, engaging in, promoting, evaluating and improving the Symposium. These third-parties include other participants, presenters, guest speakers, CSIRO staff, venue staff and parties involved in or providing services related to the Symposium.
Your personal information may be incidentally disclosed overseas – for example, where:
- an participant located overseas attends virtually
- a platform used for audio-visual connection is hosted on overseas servers (see below).
The Symposium will use the Zoom platform to facilitate or stream the live events and make audio-visual recordings of the sessions. The Zoom platform may require individuals to provide personal information such as names and contact information in order to use the service. It may also collect a range of information from individuals, including regarding device identifiers, usage data, product and website usage. The Zoom platform may send personal information to overseas servers (usually in the United States).
Social media channels
We may live stream or display recordings or other audio-visual products of the Symposium events containing the personal information of attendees via social media channels such as Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and the CSIRO’s website.
In registering for the Symposium, you consent to CSIRO collecting, using and disclosing your personal information (including sensitive information) in accordance with the privacy notice set out above, including the transfer of your personal information overseas.
Date last updated: 2021/06/16