How do we significantly reduce plastic waste?
Our Ending Plastic Waste Symposium allowed delegates to find out more about:
- The extent of the plastic waste problem
- The latest research and technology solutions
- Circular economy and recycling initiatives
- Bio-derived and compostable plastic innovations
- Global collaborations for real world impact
The symposium was held as part of our Ending Plastic Waste (EPW) Mission, which has a goal of an 80 per cent reduction in plastic waste entering the Australian environment by 2030. To achieve this, we need a co-ordinated response across a range of sectors to revolutionise the way we make, use, recycle and dispose of plastic.
Experts from across research, industry and government who are generating cutting-edge solutions across the entire plastic supply chain spoke during the event which included topics such as advances in plastic design and materials, information for decision-making, and behaviour change.