Final submission date: 30 May 2021
Abstracts are invited for Country Papers, Women in Physics Papers and Scientific Papers. It is expected that authors of accepted abstracts will then present their paper as a poster at the 7th ICWIP held online, and will also submit a full paper to the Proceedings to be published post conference. Live sessions of the online conference will involve short advertorials for posters and discussions of presentations. Programmes for the Conference Workshops, which are the main content of the online discussions and pre-recorded presentations, are organised by the Workshop organising committees.
To submit an abstract to 7th ICWIP, one author must be a member of their country delegation
Abstracts should be submitted using the “word, docx” Template for abstract submission provided and be a minimum of 250 words and up to of order 350 words. The finished abstract should be a single page. Do not alter the format of the template.
Abstracts should be provided for all submissions, including papers on country updates (one for each country team); for initiatives and information about addressing women in Physics; or on original physics research (science paper abstract). For the latter it is expected that the research is substantially the work of women authors who have limited opportunity to publish their research in normal sub-discipline contexts. All accepted abstracts are expected to be followed by submission of a full paper submitted for the post-conference proceedings subject to potential limitations on the number of science papers that can be accepted. The Proceedings are to be published by AIP. The calendar for all submissions is listed on Key Dates. Titles of full paper submissions should be exactly the same title as used in the abstract submission so ensure your abstract title is appropriate for your full paper.
Submit the abstract in the “word, docx” format. Submissions in .pdf or other formats may not be accepted. The abstract should be written in English to a professional standard suitable for publication.
Registration – Credit card only
- Before 15 June 2021, $100 AUD
- On/After 16 June 2021, $200 AUD
Registration will need you to provide a postal address so we can send a “swag bag” of Australian goodies, more information to come.
Types of Abstracts/Papers that can be submitted
- The Country Paper should report on the changes in the environment affecting women in physics over the last 3 (or 4) years, initiatives that have been taken within the country, and their outcomes.
- The paper should be coordinated by the Country Team, who are encouraged to contact and include people who have made contributions in the last 3 (or 4) years.
- Where a country is represented at this conference for the first time, the country paper should also briefly describe the history of physics in the country, with particular reference to women, and describe the current experiences of women in physics in the country.
- Email your country abstract contribution to your Country Team Leader, who is responsible for co-ordinating the Country Paper Abstract and submitting it.
Country Papers – What will be presented and published?
- Country Papers will be presented in the form of posters.
- Abstracts of country papers will be published in the programme.
- Full country papers will be published in the Conference Proceedings.
Women in Physics Papers
Papers on topics related to gender and physics are invited.
- Participants will submit their women in physics related abstracts individually via the website.
- The abstracts in this section will be refereed by the Programme Committee.
- Women in Physics Papers will be presented as posters.
Women in Physics Papers – What will be published?
* Accepted Women in Physics Paper abstracts will be published in the programme.
- Full women in physics papers will be published in the Conference Proceedings subject to standard review processes
- Papers on physics research topics are invited.
- Delegates can submit their scientific abstracts individually.
- The abstracts will be refereed by the Programme Committee.
- Scientific Papers will be presented as posters.
Scientific Papers – What will be published?
- Accepted Scientific Paper abstracts will be published in the Conference Program.
- Full scientific papers will be published in the Conference Proceedings subject to standard review processes and limitations on the Proceedings length. We regret that not all full scientific papers may be able to be published in the Proceedings. Therefore, you are encouraged to publish the full paper in a peer-reviewed journal if this is an option.
Poster Categories for Scientific Paper Submissions
Please select one of the following areas of physics for your poster and identify this in the email with your submission:
- A. General
- B. Elementary Particles and Fields
- C. Nuclear Physics
- D. Atomic and Molecular Physics
- E. Electromagnetism, Optics, Acoustics, Heat Transfer, Classical Mechanics and Fluid Dynamics
- F. Physics of Gases, Plasmas and Electric Discharges
- G. Condensed Matter: Structural, Mechanical and Thermal Properties
- H. Condensed Matter: Electronic Structure, Electrical, Magnetics and Optical Properties
- I. Interdisciplinary Physics and Related Areas of Science and Technology
- J. Geophysics, Astronomy and Astrophysics
- K. Physics Education